Skip to main content

Zero got GOOGLED !

Dear friends,

More than a decade ago, I started using Mahajaal (Internet). You may agree that this is one of the most important invention of century that changed life of almost entire literate population through out the world. Those days, for a layman like me, using Computer was a Love/Hate experience.

My introduction to the fascinating world of Google was also almost at the same time. I used Google as a search engine to search information on net. It was and even today very simple. You type the name/subject, hit enter and PRESTO! A list of well sorted sites is in front of you to explore.

Than came Google earth, the most fascinating and mesmerising experience of seeing various places on earth from the sky. Our own locality, friends house looks so different from the top! Google maps is a great help in North American cities to find address.

G-mail gave an altogether different experience of e-mail usage. The well laid out mail box is so convenient to use. G-chat side bar lets me know about online friends and occasionally I did chat while writing mails. Google Calendar is very useful in keeping my commitments. It sends an automated e-mail to remind me about important events.

After coming to Canada, I discovered YouTube, the wonderful entertainer on the net. It is just an ocean of visual world. I could enjoy many rare songs, movies, Interviews, news snippets and what not, on YouTube. I could even communicate with Remo Fernandes, my favourite singer through YouTube.

Picasa web album gave me the opportunity to see and share photos with my friends & relatives across the globe. The convenience of uploading photos just once and sending the link to others saved lot of time.

Overall till date I am very happy with Google products. For a layman like me, Google gave me a very fascinating experience of this real cum nareal (virtual) world.

Now with the recent developments among us, I try my hand at Blogger the blogspot by Google. I hope as usual it will be a satisfying experience.

Lastly you may be aware that this year in August “Blogger” will be completing 10 years.

Best regards

Zero

Comments

  1. i am sure that the blogspot ppl are becoming 'phool kar kuppa' after reading this.. yes Zero, Google changed our lives..no denying that. i have insomnia so i have too many free hours during the night, spent in searching n reading up on topics..
    thank god for google..
    though i dont like them snooping in my inbox.. their 'relevent ads in the inbox' gives me creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Surely GOOGLE have wide range of services to satisfy their users........and quality wise it's much better then others...... hoping they will be keep adding such fascinating services in future tooooo........thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes we all started our journey on the internet more or less at the same time. Its so easy to use ...especially for people like me who have absolutly no knowdlege about computers.
    Google is just amazing and google earth is cherry on top of the icing. The only product I havent used yet is ..picasa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOogle is really really............ D BeSt.. :)
    (i m writing dis from GOogle Chrome web browser)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot Mohanjee for your visit and following my blog and nice comment.You are right Google gives us variety of service and opportunity and mainly its gives lots of happiness when you will google your name and find lots of pages where your name is there..like i just searched Mohan vaze zero and it showed IBIBO pages..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ mohan sir, I cannot imagine my life without google, I am so addicted to this google search engine that not a single day goes without me opening up google... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeah google is part and parcel of our lives.. very nice article..

    ReplyDelete
  8. by the way i use only google products as much as possible.. other products are good too but i m the biggest fan of gmail..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats right. Google has got involved in every aspect of our net live. Have you tried Google docs and Google spreadsheet. They are online substitute of MS-Word and MS-Excel. I hope you will like them too. By the time... HAAPY GOOGLING... :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, google is the best. It offers so many varied & interesting products. The word 'Google' has now become synonymous with 'search'. It has the best search engine. It was fun to locate my house in Google Earth when it was new.

    Rashmi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

SPRITUAL BUT NOT RELIGIOUS?

Dear friends, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Spirituality and Religion. I had posted the same question on ibibo and got equally interesting five responses. Your feedback gave an insight in to what people generally think about Spirituality and Religion. The gist of replies is as below: Except one, all were of the opinion that a person can be Spiritual but not religious. For most of them Spirituality was like, quest to understand oneself, identify self with universe, selfless service to the society, humanity, believe in super powers of human mind and body etc As far as religion is concerned, all of them thought that religion is limited to believing in the concept of God and worshiping God by various means like performing rituals, Idol worship, chanting mantras etc. Some expressed their dislike towards religion while one said that religion is a journey to achieve Spirituality and once achieved, one need not follow religious practice of rituals etc. All these answers were a great h

THE TASTE OF INDIA

Dear friends, Recently I came across a news item saying India will now export milk products to New Zealand, the global dairy capital ( “Kurien’s Kiwi dream gets real …..” http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Business/Kuriens-Kiwi-dream-gets-real-/articleshow/4698884.cms) Indeed India has come a long way. I still remember those days, as a young boy standing in a long queue with empty bottles in a bag waiting eagerly at the milk booth for the milk van. Those days Amul butter and powdered milk for babies were only known milk product for the masses. Flavoured milk, cheese and milk chocolate bar (Popularly known as Cadbury), Ice-cream were a rare treat. Ice-cream party and Ice-cream making used to be a seasonal summer family event. Over the years, glass bottles got replaced with plastic pouches and also availability of milk improved drastically. Now queue for milk is a past story. Today one can choose from many variants of milk and buy any time from many places. Thanks to Amul, the number of